Sunday, May 24, 2009

California Fun

We survived our first long road trip to California last week. We left on Monday morning and headed to Anaheim. 12 1/2 hours later we finally arrived. The girls did pretty good thanks to 4 movies, books, food, candy and anything else to keep them happy. We stayed in a condo just across the street from Disneyland. Somehow I can't seem to figure out how to move my pictures around so that you see them in order. Instead you get to see them going backwards until I figure it out.

Newport beach!


Grace loved the beach! She was rolling around in the sand, laying her face right in the sand. She wanted to experience it from head to toe.




Olivia was a good sport. The water was freezing. But she didn't seem to care too much.



Disneyland at the end of the day (for us, 6:00 p.m.)

Olivia's favorite ride was the Nemo submarine ride. She kept her face right up to the window.
Grace on the other hand was curled up in my lap and didn't watch much of it.
The princesses: We waited for over an hour to see them. Luckily, Olivia took her nap during the wait. Maybe in a few years she will be happy to have had her picture with Cinderella. Anna wanted to wear her princess dress but Grace was not interested in putting her dress on.






Olivia finally wore her hat. I think she realized the benefit of not having the sun in your face all the time.

The teacups were Gracie's favorite ride!

Anna's favorite ride was Dumbo!

Here we are at the beginning of the day! Olivia was alseep and I know it looks bad to have her hidden, but I didn't want an unhappy baby. (sorry everything is in reverse. I have got to practice up on my blogging)

Our condo had a little patio that we loved eating out on!
the girls in their swimsuits getting ready for a swim at the condo!




































6 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like you had a super fun trip! thanks for sharing the pictures...they are great.

Jenni Hinckley said...

I missed you while you were gone of course- but I am so glad you were able to go on such a fun trip!

theolsonfamily said...

Lisa! I found you, i'm so happy. Your kids are so cute. they look just like you. We need to get together sometime. It would be so fun. bridget

Megs said...

your girls are so cute!!! It looks like you had a great trip and the girls really enjoyed themselves!!

Unknown said...

These pictures are good - but I have to say that your little video was impressive! It looked like you had a great time and I know your girls will cherish those memories forever.

familia Bybaran said...

Wow! Disneyland! The girls must have been in heaven. My kids would be so jealous if they knew there was indeed kid heaven on earth.